followyourstar: (Default)
010: Dante ([personal profile] followyourstar) wrote2026-07-24 12:12 pm

bnb app



Out-of-Character


PLAYER HANDLE: Hayley
CONTACT: [personal profile] shadetoshade
AGE: 30s
Opt-Out Page: Here!
Reservation Link: Here!
Invitation Link: Here!

In-Character

CHARACTER NAME: Dante
CHARACTER CANON: Limbus Company

AGE: ~35 (headcanon, extrapolated from the age the poet Dante was theorized to have written himself as in the Divine Comedy)
SEX/GENDER: NB, will be playing them AMAB for smut threads
Preferred Pronouns: While Dante themselves doesn't really care one way or another what pronouns other people use for them (though I do think they would not react well to it/its), they are ONLY referred to with they/them pronouns in Limbus.

Suitability: Dante is someone who craves connection but feels that they are unable to connect to others properly due to the things their head blocks them from doing (looking "normal," speaking, eating, having memories that go back more than a year). Therefore, the idea of forming bonds with other people will appeal to them, even if they might feel a little uncomfortable about the idea of doing so solely for the sake of growing in power.

Character Summary:

Dante is the amnesiac manager of the Limbus Company Bus Department, a ragtag bunch made practically immortal as long as Dante is alive due to their ability to turn the clock and bring the Sinners of the LCB back from the dead. Their goal is to find and collect Golden Boughs for the company--artifacts said to hold the power of "connection" and are capable of making wishes come true... or erasing an entire person from multiversal existence.

Full of self-doubt and prone to objectifying themself as much as they end up objectified by others, Dante's role is to guide the Sinners as they face the sins of their past and grow past who they were before and hopefully find themself and their old, non-clock head along the way.

Class & Powers

HERALD Class Information

Scepter: A long, branch-shaped staff with a large metal gear surrounding the top. spinning slowly. It spins slowly. Always clockwise, ever forward.

Specialty Spell:

Turn the Clock - The ability to reverse injury of those around them, restoring others to tip-top shape in exchange for taking on the pain that each of those people had to go through. The spell is more effective on those the caster has Bonds with. Bonded can be stabilized if close to death while non-Bonded can only heal a broken bone or two.

Due to the pain, the caster will be left vulnerable throughout the process.

Humanoid Form: In their humanoid form, Dante's arms and legs are covered with black feathers tipped in red and gold along the elbows and knees. Their feet terminate in talons, making shoes an impossibility. On their back, between their shoulder blades, they sport a pair of black wings about the size of their forearm, too small to fly with.

Ascended Form: A phoenix with red, black, and gold feathers and the head of a clock

For Dante's ascended form, their feathers ignite into a black and gold blaze and they become a phoenix that's a little taller than an adult human. The clock remains as-is, and they sport a tail about half again as long as they are, with twelve golden feathers threaded through. These twelve feathers cannot be removed from them by any means.*

* Unless someone apps a Sinner and something long, dramatic, or traumatic happens and their contract with Dante is broken in some way. Then it falls off on its own. Can be regrown if the Sinner returns to the contract of their own accord.

Canon Powers: Removing powers!

Starting Influence: 3

SAMPLE SECTION



Roleplay Sample One: TDM Thread with Dr. Phosphorous
Sample One Summary: This thread mostly consists of Dante gathering information on the setting (and getting hit on by Dr. Phosphorous). In addition to demonstrating Dante's tendency to try and gather information and problem-solve their way out of unfavorable situations (figuring out what's going on in this world so they can learn how to get out, making use of an order pad to communicate), this thread also helps show Dante's attitude toward the setting.

Given they've appeared somewhere new out of nowhere, they're understandably cautious and confused, and while they're hesitant about sex and intimacy being required to recharge their abilities, they're willing to go along with it as needed--and maybe a part of them that might be curious about the idea that others might be into them.


Roleplay Sample Two: Esurio TDM Thread with Ishmael + Overflow
Sample Two Summary: Dante and Ishmael speak with one another about being stranded in a new world where you need to have sex to live and to go home. I wanted to make use of this thread not only for the smut game connection, but because it gives a good example of how Dante interacts with a Sinner compared to other people.

For one, it's the best example of Dante being able to hold a two-way conversation since even if they weren't being magically translated, Ishmael would be able to understand them. Dante's leadership abilities also come to the fore in a way they wouldn't otherwise: they serve as the Sinners' manager, so they need to give the proper orders and point them in the right direction while being someone that they can go to (shown in particular with their decisiveness here.).

Roleplay Sample Three: Synflux Log with Silco (CW: Injury)
Sample Three Summary: Dante descends into the Underworld on a mission and ends up in a confrontation with Silco, who they try and talk out of his mad, brainwashed state and fail miserably, ending up with a gunshot wound and a wounded spirit.

I'm putting this one in the optional section since TECHNICALLY this a Dante with some experience in Synflux and who's a few chapters behind the one I'm apping (of note: the Dante I'm apping here does not have experience being an active combatant). HOWEVER, this thread provides an excellent example of Dante's view of the world and their place within it: the desire for a kinder world, the belief that a continuous cycle of violence eventually leads people nowhere, and the idea that they, as one person, cannot change the world. They can still hold a hand out for others to take (and, in fact, this view has been solidified by the time of Canto 8 after seeing the effect that one person doing just that can cause), but Dante themself is a single person with little to no control over their own life, only able to work on the smaller problems around them.

SURVEY SECTION


1) Do you value emotional bonds with other people?

< Sometimes I worry I'm the only one who does.

< I know that probably seems silly to you, but that's just how things are back home. Everyone's focused on survival and success and I get it. I do. It's hard to keep someone else afloat if you're drowning too, you know? And depending on the business you're in, you never know if the person next to you might end up dead. >

< But everything feels so... transactional. I'll do this for you if you do that for me. I'll do this now, but you owe me later. There's no warmth to it. >

< Sometimes I wonder if I'm caught up in those same cycles from the other end, desperately offering deals to others, reaching even for the cold because it's still somehow warmer than the frozen hell I've fallen into. >

< Guess that's pretty sad, huh? >



4) Do you believe in soulmates? Or any other kind of fate?

[Choosing to write this one in the style of the notes Dante keeps in order to track information about the world around them.]

- The Flow: it's the idea that world is like a river that carries us along in its current, taking us from place to place and moment to moment until we reach the end.

Or... maybe it's not the world that's the river specifically, but it can be?

Or that there are multiple rivers that people carry along with them and other people can get caught up in those while being pulled along on their own.

I haven't really sat down and asked about it so much as picked up on it from what others have had to say, but there's something about it that I... "like" is a strong word, but understand? Sometimes trying to get somewhere is like trying to walk upstream, especially if everything's pushing you towards some result you don't want to come to pass.

I wonder what it means to move against the Flow. Is there even any room in that philosophy to do so? Maybe I should ask sometime.

- Come to think of it, I wonder if this is why the Sinners always seem to be together in the Mirror Worlds I pull Identities from.

- I tried asking Faust, but she wouldn't give me a straight answer and excused herself. Yi Sang had more to say on the subject but it got a little too complicated for me. Too philosophical? Eventually one of the Sinners just said it just comes down to the fact that we couldn't get rid of one another if we tried.

I think that sums it up well enough.



8) Have you ever been in love?

< Oh. Uh. >

< I don't know? >

< I mean, maybe. >

< I guess it depends on when we're talking here? There's no way for me to know if I had anyone special before I lost my memory, so... >

< ...So I guess it would have to be now, huh? >

[They let out a tock and rub the back of their neck]

< Wow, this is really awkward. >

< There might be someone. I don't want to go into it though. It'd be nice if something came of it, but there's no chance in hell of it happening. I'm not even sure I can call it "love" so much as I can call it "infatuation." >

[Is that the word? They really don't want to use the word "crush." It makes them feel like a kid.

There's a pause, and they continue, ticking becoming steadier and more sober--and more somber.]


< I've seen love before. Something deep, almost obsessive. Whatever I feel doesn't hold a candle to that. It was the kind of love that can move the stars, you know? >

< ...Maybe I should schedule another consultation with Heathcliff. I don't know if he'll feel like talking to me about her today, but I think it helps, knowing that someone else remembers Catherine. >



10) Is it better to be loved or feared?

< I can tell you what I prefer but that doesn't mean it's the right answer... >

[They sigh, ticking to themself as they mull the question over]

< Back home you need either money or power or to be affiliated with someone with either if you want to have a chance at a good life--and one usually ends up coming with the other, whether it means you had the funds for good gear and augmentations or you were good enough to get all the jobs you could ever want... Which are usually used to get better gear and Augmentations. >

< And since I know you're thinking it, I know that makes it seem like money is the ultimate power, but even if you can buy whatever you want, it's still limited by your ability to make use of it. >

< Anyways... The point I'm trying to get to here is that that's the sort of thing that leads to fear being chosen over love. If people are trying to get in with you because you're strong or rich, they're not there because of you specifically, are they? They're just there because of what they think could happen to them if they aren't on your side. >

< I think that's why a lot of people end up flaunting that power back home. It makes it easier to show everyone who's boss, make them remember what their place is. That way other people after money and power don't get any ideas about taking theirs. >

[...}

< ...Still. I think I'd prefer to be loved. It sounds like a pretty bleak existence, being feared. Having to constantly make sure you're feared. Holding people at arm's length to make sure they don't take what you have. >

< It might not get me anywhere in life, but at least I'll be around someone who gives a hoot. >



16) When did you last cry? Why?

< I don't. >

< No, seriously. I can't. I don't have eyes. >

< .... >

< I don't know whether or not that's a good thing. >

< On the one hand, it's probably good for a leader not to show their emotions like that. Going to pieces in the middle of a battle's just going to get everyone else killed, right? And when everyone's looking to me for guidance, I can't just fall apart and leave them as lost as I am. >

< On the other hand, I can't help but think of Hong Lu, who stopped letting himself cry. Who stopped letting himself feel anything at all. He carried all that pain inside himself for years, locking away that part of him deep inside until his smile was no longer a smile. He seems... lighter now that he's letting himself feel that pain again. So I can't help but feel like being unable to cry isn't.... healthy. >

< But when I can't even if I wanted to... What am I supposed to do? >



18) What's your favorite place you’ve ever been to?

< Not sure if this is cheating since it's not a place so much as a way to get from place to place, but I've gotta give it to our bus. >

< Maybe that's strange? I mean... it's a bus. A unique-looking bus, sure, but aside from the different sort of aesthetics and the rooms in the back, a bus is a bus. >

< ...D-Don't tell Faust I said that. >

[ahem]

< Anyways... I think it comes down to the fact it's the only home I've ever known. I woke up, got hired onto Limbus Company as Executive Manager, I started living on Mephistopheles. Our missions began and ended on that bus, and it's hard to imagine that changing anytime soon--recent missions and... circumstances aside. >



Do you agree to follow our game rules? Yes!